• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] Working root for MetroPCS LG Optimus F6 LGMS500

tkirtley

Oct 26, 2013
This works:

How to easily root an Android device | How To - CNET

It uses a utility called "Kingo Root" that cycles through various exploits until it finds one that works - but it doesn't let you know which one did the trick - so I can't share that.

Watch out during the download to make sure and deselect the ad ware options, unless you like more ads on your PC.

Enjoy.

I gots mad cleanup skilz, and lack paranoia. Was posted on CNET for crying out loud, and they have been around for 20+ years. Get real. Here are the pics - u don't trust - then live without root till something you like better comes along. I have root. See attachment.

Attachments

• 2013-10-27-15-27-25.jpg
    2013-10-27-15-27-25.jpg
    381.2 KB · Views: 368
Reactions: infowarz
Upvote 0
Ok, I will try to clear up the confusion:

I purchased a new T-mobile F6 for use with my existing SIM, think of it as a replacement phone - or an upgrade.

I rooted it using the motochopper method listed in this forum.

Much to my dismay - FoxFi stopped working because of new T-mobile software designed to prevent it.

So I flashed the MetroPCS kdz, which restored the phone to a unrooted state with no clockworkmod recovery - in other words, just like a phone I would have purchased new from MetroPCS.

I tried several methods to root, such as Z4, a couple of all in ones, and motochopper. They didn't work.

I used the method listed above, and it finally did work.

I have a rooted phone with clockworkmod recovery and MetroPCS firmware, with wifi tethering that works. I am simply sharing this in case someone else may profit from it.

That is all I know.

Upvote 0
China is a near neighbor to them. I expect that anyone that owns an iPhone owes thanks to the Chinese tech sector for its functionality.

It is your phone, and your choice, of course.

Only Chinese talk in the way you just did , near neighbor.
Definitely the word is out kingo is bad news,
no mater what say the newbie say what :smokingsomb:

Upvote 0
China is a near neighbor to them. I expect that anyone that owns an iPhone owes thanks to the Chinese tech sector for its functionality.

It is your phone, and your choice, of course.
I need help, i bought this phone, but with metro and my friend rooted it with the kingo root, the phone shows its rooted via the verification thing.

But i cannot wifi tether not even with foxfi (the default app 4g mobile hotspot also runs) should i remove the 4G mobile hotspot app from the phone, i don't know what to do.

Upvote 0
Wifi tethering is not working for me, i got the phone rooted with kingo, and it says its rooted, but none of the tethering apps are working gives me a network error

My tethering issue was with T-mobile. If you are a MetroPCS person, I can only guess at ways to help. Try FoxFi (it might not show in playstore for you, but you can find it online), and enable the proxy if it doesn't work without that setting. If that doesn't work, then USB tethering using PDANET+ would be your only option.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
My tethering issue was with T-mobile. If you are a MetroPCS person, I can only guess at ways to help. Try FoxFi (it might not show in playstore for you, but you can find it online), and enable the proxy if it doesn't work without that setting. If that doesn't work, then USB tethering using PDANET+ would be your only option.

Hope this helps.

Yeah i got the MetroPCS version, tried foxfi and every other app and it doesn't work, everytime i use foxfi or any other app, the 4G Mobile Hotspot also runs, and its conflicting.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones