1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metropcs

Discussion in 'Android Carriers' started by Thelegend27, Jun 26, 2017.

1. Thelegend27

Thelegend27 Lurker

so i was wanting to know will metro accept if i buy a new phone from someone but its service is still from metropcs its just that the seller doesn't want it and i want buy it to replace my old phone the alcatel one touch fierce xl which i don't want anyone (had it for about 1 year) so i want to still have my old number on the new phone that i will buy from the seller or will i have the phone number that the new phone has in stock.
    though i can just upgrade at my local metropcs but its just that the phone will cost more rather than buying it from someone

#1 Thelegend27, Jun 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2017
    darlarae88 and 3377356488l like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The # goes with your service not with the phone, so when it's registered with Metro on your account it will have your number.

Most important is that the phone isn't blacklisted due to non-payment or still being on someone else's active account. Best way to avoid this is to meet with the seller at a MetroPCS store and have them verify that the phone is clear to be transferred and not blacklisted, also they can check to make sure it is fully functional. Once they clear it you can proceed with the transaction and have it activated.

If this isn't an option, I'd suggest you avoid buying from a private seller unless it's someone you know and trust. A good alternative is Swappa.com where you can find carrier-branded phones at decent prices and all sellers are verified.

3. Thelegend27

Thelegend27 Lurker

does it cost do transfer it to my metropcs account or replace my old phone

4. There may be a fee if you do it in a store, maybe not if you do it online or by phone with customer service. But, in this case as I suggested it's best to do the transaction in a Metro store to make sure the phone is legit.
    For the latest and most accurate answer to your question I'd suggest contacting Metro customer service directly and asking them.

5. Thelegend27

Thelegend27 Lurker

thanks for helping me out, i just live kinda far from a metropcs store

6. Ok then give them a call, the # is on their website.

Since you can't get to a store to have them verify the phone, I highly recommend using Swappa to make the purchase.

7. Phalon4

Phalon4 Android Enthusiast

Most likely the phone is already unlocked ,so if you're dead set on activating that phone all you need to do is call MetroPCS or go to authorized dealer and give them the cell phone IMEI and the ICC number to the phone your want activated. Note: MetroPCS can not hold you to a 4 month locked service because it's a BYOD activation.

8. yeseninglesss

yeseninglesss Lurker

if you want to activate this metro phone on your metro account just send them a message on FB and give them the IMEI number. tell them you want to activate it on your line with the same SIM card.. 1 of 3 things will happen.. 1 it will go through with no issues so that means the phone is good to go and you can switxch back to your orignal device 2. they will tell you its activated on another account or 3 its blacklisted

MetroPCS