• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MetroPCS's new site is....yea

awhite91

Feb 12, 2011
Whitney, Texas
OK so I just switched my service from my old busted Optimus M to the new hotness that is the Esteem online and I must say MetroPCS should have BETA spraypainted on their website. First I tried talking to someone who spoke no English (besides the point of this thread) then I tried to find a way to do it on their site. I finally found a little "Activate" link in the footer menu after searching through my member area for a while where I thought it should logically be. I opened it up, chose Change/Upgrade phone, then was presented with a half-completed page. On Step 2 where it asks for the phone's ESN/IMEI it says "Please identify your phone" then goes into the lorup ipsums and half the links in the menu to help you locate your ESN by phone type point to the same or no pic at all. I mean seriously it looks half-ass. After re-entering my IMEI several times it finally accepted it and I was taken further into the activation process with even more WIP pages which were painful to navigate. They seriously should have finished off their website revamp before making these things available to the public. It makes the site and company look shoddy point-blank.

I liked how they had their site before. It was simple and easy to navigate. I could actually find my plan details with ease. After this remodel it is a major pain imo. What do y'all think?

(Edit: Could a mod please move this to the MetroPCS carrier board? I accidentally posted it in the Esteem section. Thanks)

I have also noticed that they seem to change their site all the time, like monthly I mean. Every month I figure out how to navigate through their crappy, flashy, useless "web 2.0" garbage website, and bookmark the payment page, only to have to repeat the entire process again the following month when they redo their site (yet again). And then, sometimes I can't get the payment to go through. I swear they try and make it difficult to use their website to pay your bill (which is free). tI think they really want to make it easier for you to go in to your local store and pay the $2-3 fee. Bastards! lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones