1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General metroweb browser question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by omipingo, Jul 2, 2011.

1. omipingo

omipingo Lurker
    None

Jul 2, 2011
    hi, new to the forum, and also new to android, i have been reading about all the bloatware in the optimus m, the thing is i read about the browser.apk and how is not suposed to be removed, but in another forum i read about how you can remove it because a software update or something like that without afecting the android market

Advertisement

2. popovpumpkin

popovpumpkin Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 16, 2011
    soFlo
    it really doesn't benefit you in any sort of way to delete the stock browser and it's better to be safe than sorry and just leave it but if you really want to delete it i suggest you freeze the app using titanium back up and see if it effects the market in any way and go from there.

3. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert
    None

Dec 15, 2010
    The stock browser is a MUST have on the M. The app market will not work without it. DO NOT DELETE IT OR EVEN FREEZE IT! I have not heard of an update allowing it to be removed and the market still working. Given the extremely painful process of fixing it when removed and the very small amount of memory recovered, I suggest leaving it alone!!! It is just not worth messing with.

Tags: