1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Metroweb Browser/webpages

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShinySide, Apr 10, 2012.

1. ShinySide

ShinySide Extreme Android User

Why is it, for instance Facebook, completely different looking when using Metro/stock web browser then when using say Opera? There's a couple more sites that I can't think of off the top of my head at the moment

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. gbiggie

gbiggie La patience et le pardon

I hear ya...It really isn't a bad browser for a quick page read then out. Used to delete it before but I just choose between it and Dolphin. Has to be something in the settings:thinking:
    Not a very "user friendly" browser but what do you want for stock:rolleyes:

3. ShinySide

Yeah I actually like how it displays most pages over Opera. But I just ditched Opera and went back to Dolphin myself

4. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

I've tried my damndest to like Dolphin but I just cant get into it. Idk why. Opera has always been my 1st but I tried Puffin tonight for the first time and Im kinda liking it.

I'm pickier than a virgin on prom night about my browsers. :cool:

5. ShinySide

I ditched it already ahahahaha I like. I like it alot but my phone HATES it. Ill be doing a Google search or flipping pages in Google images and it'll take up so much ram it actually freezes my phone and causes it to reboot.

Sent from my LG-MS910 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

6. justainchoe

justainchoe Well-Known Member

Doesn't Settings -> PC Browser mode work?

I tried Dolphin, Opera, UC, Skyfire, xScope, Firefox, Ninesky, etc.

All of them have some sort of bug. Also, they either fail to load Hulu, take too long to load, it gets laggy, the pinch-to-zoom doesn't work right, etc.

I do wish it had tabbed browsing and some other features like hiding the status bar, or a smarter way to organize bookmarks, but it always works and has the least bugs, and most importantly Hulu works great (with the modded flash apk).

7. dden4012

dden4012 Well-Known Member

Metroweb is the only browser that let's me use wifi access points that have an initial redirect to it's sign in page. After logging in I go back to dolphin HD.

8. Fuzzy13

Fuzzy13 Extreme Android User

I download Firefox again today to see if they finally opened their eyes to the garbage they put out and hopefully changed some things.......nope, still sucks ass. SMH

LG Esteem Forum

The LG Esteem release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews