• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help MHL 1080i only?

Hi SilverDroid,

I think the point is Samsung appear to have decided that they will make things simple and output a single fixed resolution/refresh, even though the MHL standard allows pretty much anything HDMI can do. I suspect that no one is getting 1080p out of their SGS2. I would be interested if NZtechfreak's TV is reporting the 'input refresh rate' at 1080p (and can validate other 1080i sources like satellite/cable is reporting differently at 1080i)

Yes, I would prefer 1080p60 but this would be double the processing/resources for very little benefit given the video media you'll be playing will be 24/25/30p.
Also some HDMI TVs dont support 1080p60 so the phone would have to have separate settings or query the TVs EDID..

Upvote 0
I wonder , why there is only 1080 from the video player ?

Are there any .doc or .pdf apps that can output 1080 ?

..About the P or i ... i have one lg W2486L and one toshiba RV600T that doesnt report i or p or resolution .
...and one avermedia H727 capture card that also doesnt report but i know when its i or p by the cpu . and i tested it with a captured 1080 by the phone ... it played 1080p on the output avermedia .
My Tv hdmi cable box transmits 1080i beacuse this is the standard !. I think it has to do with the content copyright (macrovison). I dont have copyright content to check from the phone , so it is possible that it will play 1080i and not p.
Hope this helps...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones