1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MHL adapter not working.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by stchman, Dec 31, 2011.

1. stchman

stchman Newbie

Hello all.

I just recently purchased an MHL adapter off ebay and when I hook it up it will not work. I bought two of them and both do not seem to work at all.

Are there any settings that need to be set in the phone for the HDMI output to work?

I looked around and it appears that all MHL adapters are about the same. I even turned on and off the USB debugging.

Here is the adapter I bought:

eBay - New & used electronics, cars, apparel, collectibles, sporting goods & more at low prices

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Technipages

Technipages Member

The MHL port should mirror whatever is on the phone. No settings to change. But I have heard that there are tons of adapters out there that simply don't work with certain phones. PC Magazine reviewed the Epic and in the review the guy mentions that his MHL adapter didn't work with his Epic.

-Mitch

mcgoo99 likes this.
  3. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

Just as Technipages mentioned, its possible that the device isnt working well with your particular phone.
    Make sure you have a wall charger plugged into the MHL adapter.
    ON my EVO 3D, and Epic Touch both were finnecky.
    I had to have the HDMI cable plugged into the TV and adapter. Then the power plugged into the adapter. The TV had to be on the selected input and ready to go when i plugged it into my phone.

Samsung Epic 4G Touch Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G Touch release date was September 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.52" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1800mAh battery.

September 2011
Release Date
Reviews