• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

tcross8361

Dec 19, 2010
Has anyone got an MHL Adaptor to work on the Galaxy S2? I ordered one off ebay. It flickers on then off on the TV. Then it says "not supported" on the TV.

Edit: I went back and looked at the item description. It says it's for a Galaxy S2 i9100. How differant is an i9100 from our D710?

Thank you for the response OverByter. I tried that method, I must have gotten a defective one because it didn't work. I purchased a Samsung brand adapter and it worked perfectly. Why couldn't they just include the micro HDMI out on this phone!? I guess the price of using hardware vs software. Oh well, its working now and I'm happy.

Upvote 0
I have gotten one in the past for my Sprint GS2. Using a cheap HDMI cable, the quality was terrible, but using an expensive cable, the quality was excellent

I agree with you completely. With HDMI cables, the quality is very important. I didn't realize this until I discovered it by experience. You can't get one of those three dollar ones from Amazon to get a great picture :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones