1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

MHL Cable question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SuperAndoid, Aug 15, 2012.

1. SuperAndoid

SuperAndoid Member

Hi,

I'm thinking of ordering an MHL cable. My question is, does it come with a power cable? If not, what kind of power cable do I need? This is for my international S3. Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

It won't come with a power cable. Just use the micro USB power cable which came with the phone.

SuperAndoid likes this.
  3. SuperAndoid

SuperAndoid Member

Got cha, thanks.

4. Shotgun84

No problem. Just a heads up in case you don't know. Don't be tempted to buy the mhl cable for the gs2 or note because they are a few quid cheaper. All logic would say that they would be cross compatible but Samsung changed the connection pins, so they aren't. You'll need one specifically for the gs3:)

5. SuperAndoid

SuperAndoid Member

Would this be it? http://www.amazon.com/Adapter-HDMI-...ie=UTF8&qid=1345032909&sr=8-1&keywords=s3+mhl

6. Shotgun84

Yep that's the one

SuperAndoid likes this.
  7. SuperAndoid

SuperAndoid Member

Alright, thanks for the confirmation and info, will place an order real soon :)

8. pokerfish

pokerfish Lurker

May I ask for your help???

I just went round and round w this adapter... but to cut it short, got the Samsung adapter like linked above from Verizon... came today. It does not work with my Samsung ln40c650 1080p hdtv. I tried the power plug that came w my s3... and even purchased a 2.1amp at best buy to see if it needed more juice... saw that suggestion, so tried it.

Tv is set and seems to recognize an mhl device is connected from the anynet menu... but when selecting the device I get the check cables/connections message w a dark screen behind. I am at this very moment downloading a firmware upgrade... don't know if that will work... hopefully I can get the allshare to work so I can upload to the tv...?

But the Samsung mhl to hdmi for the s3 certainly isn't working out of the box. Any ideas?

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews