• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mhl delay wuth using game emulators

mrfranswa

Lurker
May 5, 2011
this has become a head scratcher. for christmas i bought myself the official samsung mhl adapter and a moga controller. when playing punchout via an emulator on my phone it runs great, however there is a .5 sec delay when i play on my 1080 tv, which makes it unplayable! i specifically bought the phone and tools to do some gaming on my tv and there are plenty of videos of people playing the n64 emulator.

please help!

*** UPDATE*** This question is in direct relation to the 1/5-1/3 second MHL delay a lot of people are having. It's definitely not a processing power issue, because there is no FPS delay between using MHL and not using MHL.

I've done a little problem solving and have determined it's specifically the MHL adapter, or the software that uses it. It has nothing to do with it using up too much power, because the phone's image responds correctly, however the image on the TV is delayed by about 1/10, 1/5th a second. This may not seem like much, but for gaming there is a very noticeable delay, and it makes playing games, timing jumps, etc nearly impossible.

Does anyone have a solution to this? I can achieve about 120fps , (which makes games SUPER fast), when I turn off the FPS limitator in FPSE, however it still has a slight delay. Is there an update, or a correct MHL adapter? I mean, I bought the samsung MHL adapter that's specifically for my note 2, (which cost 40$!)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones