1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Mi A3 works terrible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kshakov, Jun 17, 2020.

1. Kshakov

Kshakov Lurker

Everything is on this short video: https://streamable.com/yq9dc6

I cannot take photos, cannot save posts from FaceBook Light. Some apps constantly crash, for example Revolut like on the video but also many many more.

What to do, why does it have to be like that? Should I format my phone? Will it help?

2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

I'm not sure what I'm supposed to be looking at in the video. I do see some errors, but "something went wrong" isn't a particularly helpful error message :(.

If you are experiencing a lot of seemingly random errors, you phone might benefit from a factory rest AFTER YOU'VE BACKED UP ALL YOUR IMPORTANT DATA. ;) Please make sure that a.) you're data is backed up to a PC or other storage, b.) you remove all accounts -- including your primary Google account -- from the phone other wise you might have a problem with factory reset protection (FRP) and c.) you do NOT restore your account settings once the phone is reset. If the problem is corrupt or bad settings, you don't want to reinstall the problem back to your phone. If, after a factory reset you continue to get the errors, it could be indicative of a a hardware problem and you might have to get the phone replaced. Is it still under warranty?

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. Kshakov

Kshakov Lurker

Yes, it should still be under warranty. So after all I will have to format my phone :/ I thought that maybe Android 10 update will fix some of the bugs but it only got worse.

4. lunatic59

Where did you get the phone? If it was a grey market purchase, it might have been a Xaomi phone intended for sale in China, which means many of the Google services will not work.

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  5. Kshakov

Kshakov Lurker

I am sure it's global version, yet how do I check that?

6. lunatic59

The model number should be specific to the country of issue, but if you can access the play store and use Google services like maps, then it's probably not the China version.

Interesting that I can find information for 4A and 5A and 3S but no 3A. Are you sure about the model name?

7. Kshakov

Kshakov Lurker

I am sure, you do not need to treat me like a geek. Just give me orders what to to with the phone. It is 100% Mi A3 Xiaomi.

8. lunatic59

Then I guess the first thing to do is to reset the phone. Just make sure you do all the stuff I advised in the previous post so you don't get locked out of your own phone and lose all your data.

ocnbrze likes this.

Mi A3 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews