• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Mi phone doesn't start/charge after full discharge unless I use original cable

coldpumpkin

Lurker
May 11, 2013
Howdy,

First of all I bought my first Xiaomi phone last week, a Mi 10T Lite, currently with MIUI 12.0.2.

Today the phone got fully discharged so I connected the charger. I'm using the original charger socket but with another/non-original cable (5A, purple colour on sockets) because it's longer. I left it for around 30 minutes like that and I couldn't ever turn it on. The LCD displayed a battery icon with a bolt symbol in it.

I swapped the cable for the original one (orange colour on sockets) and instead of a bolt symbol, it displayed 2% and I managed to turn it on.

After it was on, I swapped the cables again and it's charging normally.

What the heck?

TLDR: Phone doesn't charge if using a cable other than the original one but only when it's fully discharged. After turning the phone on, it charges just fine.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones