• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Mi5s - Sim Issues (Wrong default APN settings)

l1amo92

Lurker
Feb 1, 2018
Hi guys, long time lurker - first time poster. I am desperate for your help!!

Recently made the move to China from Ireland and while stopped over in Amsterdam I picked up the Belgian Network 'Proximus' for roaming purposes. Anyway my sim has somehow now saved these APN settings as my sim's default so when i go to APN settings and try to create a new profile the default MCC and MNC figures (read from sim) are set to the Belgian Network - when i change them to my network (an Irish network) they won't save.

Similarly when i delete the existing profiles (APNs) and add a new one they fail to save. When i restore to default it returns to the belgian network - what the hell do i do? I have contacted my network but they have been absolutely useless. Phone is a Xiaomi Mi5s! Please, any I'd be grateful for any ideas or suggestions!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones