1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

micro as card how do you download to it?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bluegrizzlies1, Dec 25, 2012.

1. bluegrizzlies1

I have a Motorola RAZR HD just got a 64GB card but not sure where in settings to go so everything will download to it?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. I moved your thread here from the Motorola forum. This forum has the highest concentration of Razr HD visitors.

... Thom

3. robdec17

robdec17 Member

In the camera settings you can tell it to store photos on the SD card not internal.

4. bluegrizzlies1

Thank you that worked for camera pics.

Anyone have how you download music it goes to sd card or move stuff to the sd card?

5. Xelios

Xelios Android Enthusiast

If you mean via a web browser, you should be able to edit the download directory through the browser's settings. Assuming you're using a different browser atleast, I've never found the option in Chrome. If you're referring to Google Play Music then I've never found an option in there either. It seems like it's just the Google apps that don't allow you to do this.

To move things to the SD card, hook it up via USB and select MTP mode. There will be 2 storage options that open up on your computer, select the one that's not internal storage (probably shows up as SD card). You may need to download the Motorola USB drivers, which can be found here. If you're using a file management utility such as AndroZip, it will by default point to the internal storage. Hit the up button and it will move you up a step, and select sdcard1. I think this applies to every other file manager too, they should all more or less be the same.

For the built in file manager, it's much simpler. It will by default give you the option of device storage and SD card. Hope that answers your questions.

6. Someone asked the same question in the Bionic forum. Un-root-ed I could find no way to set the directory name in Browser, Chrome, Dolphin, Firefox, Opera, or Skyfire.

I also tried deleting the Download folder, created a new Download folder on the sd-ext card, re-booted thhe phone, and tried a download in Browser. It created a new Download folder and downloaded the file into it.

I had to conclude that it is this way by design.

... Thom

7. hansangb

hansangb Android Enthusiast

I'm pretty sure it's app dependent. Google music doesn't allow that, for example.

8. I happened onto a partial solution ... Download Manager for Android ... seems to provide some of the capability missing in all browsers.

... Thom

Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD Forum

The Motorola Droid RAZR HD / MAXX HD release date was November 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 3300mAh battery.

November 2012
Release Date
Reviews