1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Micro SD Bus Speed

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rfxcasey, Dec 12, 2013.

1. rfxcasey

rfxcasey Lurker

Just received my VM Supreme and love it. One question though, when it comes to MicroSD cards will this phone benefit from a UHS card? I'd like to know the maximum SD bus speed of the phone so I don't buy a faster card then I need to. There is no sense in spending the extra $$$ on a class 10 or UHS if the phone caps out below these storage device transfer rate.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

1) Since an SD card is basically a seril device, there's no bus speed.

2) SD card speeds aren't normally specified for cellphones. (They may inadvertently be in the FCC filings, but I think we both have better things to do than go through a few of those.

3) The difference in price between a quality Class 4 card and a quality Class 10 card isn't large enough to spend time agonizing over. And phones are slower than Class 10 cards. (Today - I've seen rumors of Class 12 cards.)

3. rfxcasey

rfxcasey Lurker

Alright then, thanks. I'm a bit of a techie but haven't really looking into phone tech too much as I have so many other things to deal with. Though about it after a posted and yes I agree the price difference is so negligible that there's really no sense in not opting for the fastest available.

ZTE Vital Forum

The ZTE Vital release date was June 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S4 Plus processor, and 2500mAh battery.

June 2013
Release Date
Reviews