1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Micro SD Card not mounting at all

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoshWegener, Dec 26, 2012.

1. JoshWegener

JoshWegener New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    Hello, I have 2 brand new TF300 (less then 30 days old) and I went and bought 2 32GB (Class 10) Micro SD card. When I stick the The card in the tablet, nothing happens. If I reset the tablet, nothing happens. If I do a cold boot (holding the power button and volume down button) same result... but if I stick the mico SD card in a SD card adapter and then stick that into the keyboard docking station, it reads it as an external SD just fine. I then stuck it in my computer and reformated it to FAT32 (it already was FAT32, just did it anyway).. .Same results on both tablets with 2 different Mico SD cards.

Anyone have any idea on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. wetbiker7

wetbiker7 Well-Known Member

Jun 27, 2011
    Male
    USN Vet. / Certified Drug and Alcohol Abuse Counse
    So-Cal
    Using your file explorer, look under storage/sdcard1. On mine, Using Root Explorer, sdcard actually reads off my internal. You must go under storage to access the true sd card.

I hope that works for you.

3. JoshWegener

JoshWegener New Member

Dec 26, 2012
    So I tested the Mico-SD on my android phone, it works fine... still not working on tablet, so I tried my Phone SD card in the tablet... it works... It appears this brand does not work on the tablet. It's the MicoCenter brand (from the store). I switched to PNY Mico-SD and it also works fine (was only $5 more)...

That is so odd....