• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root micro sd card not reading..

smodaddy

Lurker
Mar 19, 2013
Completely new to the forum here.
But I have no where else to turn.. I have tried everything i can possibly come up with to try to get this phone to read a mirco sd card.

let me give you a little bit of background info on the situation so you know what i have or have not done so far..

the phone is rooted.. running stock rom. havnt screwed around with anything other than getting it rooted.

was reading the card just fine until it suddenly just stopped.
i get "card removed unexpectedly" or the card is corrupted.. and soo on.

What I have done.
-restarted/rebooted phone..took out battery (failed)
-backed up files off card to reformat the card to the fat 32..(failed)
-bought a new micro sd card...(failed)
-Bought a new sd/sim card reader and installed to the phone..(failed)
-Factory Reset the phone..(failed)
:thinking:
Now.. Can someone please blow my mind away with a solution to resolve this?

some apps will not work without my sd card.. and my camera will not let me take photos :mad:

That's odd...happened to me on my Verizon Incredible just recently as well. If you formatted card and bought new ones and still don't work then maybe the slot is messed up? Did you have to make a "gold card" to root, did you use your current SD for that? I'm new to the Inspire but not to phone rooting, root differnet phones daily tho and did this Inspire and currently running JellyTime 4.2 R7 (4.2.2) and no issues except my speaker went static and had to reflash to fix...

But if you got a new card and it doesn't recognize it, IDK....I got an 8gb Ultra class 10 (waterproof, temperature proof) and apps load like whoa!

Hope someone can chime in and give better advice, sorry.

Upvote 0
Well as for the slot being messed up i thought that could be possible so i bought a new slot.. which is the sd/sim reader i mentioned in original post.
It still didnt read anything. So the only logical thing you could say it is would be something along the lines of the driver/rom..something internal to do with the coding or something..
didn't make a goldcard.

simply unlocked then proceeded to the clockwork..and superSU..
everything was on that sd card though.. so really nothing works that would require the sd.
just don't make any sense.. it was running fine then decided to go turbo on me lol..
hope someone can figure it out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones