1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Micro SD card repeatedly corrupt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anpease, Nov 24, 2020.

1. anpease

anpease Newbie

Hi,
    My Micro SD card was getting corrupt files errors, so I took it out and scanned it on my PC, found nothing wrong, copied the files to the PC then reformatted the card and put it back in the phone.
    Three days later the same thing happened, with the same results.
    So, I bought a new card, put it in the phone on Saturday, then woke up this morning to see the corrupted files error yet again.
    Can anyone offer any advice, please?
    Many thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. First of all, you need to clarify if the appearance is a one-time system crash. To do this, restart the device, and then turn to the USB flash drive again. Android “SD card corrupted” message stops in most cases. If it continues to give an error, then you need to pull it out and inspect it. Perhaps the contacts are covered with dust or the memory card slot itself is dirty. In this case, clean the contact pads and then reinsert the memory card firmly.

ocnbrze and mikedt like this.
  3. anpease

anpease Newbie

Hi, I tried restarting the phone and cleaned contacts, and still had corrupt files message. As I said, this has now happened with 2 different cards, the 2nd one being only 4 days old, and when I scan them on my PC there is no mention of anything being wrong. This makes no sense to me.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

what brand cards are you using? if their cheap cards, i'm not really surprised. you might want to go with betters cards.

5. anpease

anpease Newbie

The last 2 were SanDisk but I have just ordered a Samsung one which I should receive tomorrow.

ocnbrze likes this.
  6. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

hmmmm sandisks are pretty good. keep us posted on the samsung card.

7. anpease

anpease Newbie

Will do.

ocnbrze likes this.
  8. anpease

anpease Newbie

I have just put the new Samsung card in the phone, and shall see how it goes. Fingers crossed. Thanks for the advice so far, much appreciated.

dontpanicbobby likes this.

Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus release date was March 2019. Features and Specs include a 6.4" inch screen, 16MP camera, 8/12GB RAM, Exynos 9820 processor, and 4100mAh battery.

March 2019
Release Date
Reviews