1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Micro SD Card-Which Brand and Class?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Devinclfalcons, Feb 20, 2011.

1. Devinclfalcons

Which class is appropriate for this phone? Any Brand in particular that makes the best?

Advertisement

2. RussellMania

RussellMania Newbie

3. s.m.knipe

s.m.knipe Android Expert

I stick with Sandisk and would recommend as high of a class as you can afford...

4. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

What's the lowest and highest class micro sd card?

5. aztooh

aztooh Well-Known Member

SD Speed Class - SD Association

Speed Class, designated as Class 2, 4, 6 and 10, is designed for normal and high speed bus interface (mode) and UHS Speed Class 1 is designed for UHS bus interface*. (Speed Class and the UHS Speed Class are not compatible.)

There's a chart in the link showing what uses the classes are good for.

6. 2005CTS

2005CTS Member

I ordered the same disk from Amazon last week. It won't be here when my phone arrives on Monday...but should be here soon enough.

7. DukeL

DukeL Well-Known Member

Wonder what it ships with if any?

8. darklide

darklide Android Enthusiast

None as their is 16 gb's built in.

9. tical2k

tical2k Member

hummm I got a 16gb circled 4 (guessing class 4) microsd in my backflip atm. I wonder how that will fair in the atrix...

10. gzrecoil

gzrecoil Member

People are saying class 4 is fine for the Atrix.

I personally bought a Class 10 32GB Wintec off Newegg, but I haven't gotten the chance to test it out yet. They got some really bad reviews but have a lifetime warranty. I should have went with Lexar or Sandisk though I just couldn't find them at the time.

11. kstruck

kstruck Well-Known Member

You should also know SanDisk rates their microSD cards lower than the standard from what I understand. So a class 6 card is capable of class 10 speeds. Class 6 or 10 might be great for high-end DSLR cameras but I agree that a class 4 card is fine for the Atrix.

12. Camel

Camel Lurker

I have a really old Class 2 card. What does this mean in terms of the files in it? Will they load/read slower? Will it be slower to copy/paste or move files to the card?