• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micro SD card

I just bought an ally and know that it has a micro sd card in it. I am looking to buy the adapter that fits into the regular size SD card. My question is can I transfer the data from the SD regular size card to the micro SD card? This is backwards to what most people want to do. Basically I am trying to transfer pictures from Big SD card to my phone. Is this possible and any info on how or links would be appreciated.
thanks
Nathan

I just bought an ally and know that it has a micro sd card in it. I am looking to buy the adapter that fits into the regular size SD card. My question is can I transfer the data from the SD regular size card to the micro SD card? This is backwards to what most people want to do. Basically I am trying to transfer pictures from Big SD card to my phone. Is this possible and any info on how or links would be appreciated.
thanks
Nathan

Yes it's possible, but you will have to have 2 sd card readers and sd card mirco adapter, or if your computer has a built in sd card reader you can use that, but you have to have a reader for both cards and a adapter for the mirco. Hope this helps and sorry if I possibly confused you..

Upvote 0
Yes you kind of did confuse me lol. Basically I have trail cameras for deer hunting that have an SD card in them. Right now to check them I have to take my digital camera and put the sd card in the camera to see what's on it. Well after seeing what's on the sd card from the game camera I would like to transfer those pictures to my phone by using the SD card adapter. So basically the only SD card reader I have is my digital camera. If I buy the Adapter and put the micro sd into the regular one and then load it in my digital camera will the pictures be transferred to the micro sd card when I stick it back in my phone? The problem is my computer doesnt have an SD card slot and there's not a cable that will fit my trail camera and phone. If not what exactly do you mean by two card readers?

Upvote 0
Yes you kind of did confuse me lol. Basically I have trail cameras for deer hunting that have an SD card in them. Right now to check them I have to take my digital camera and put the sd card in the camera to see what's on it. Well after seeing what's on the sd card from the game camera I would like to transfer those pictures to my phone by using the SD card adapter. So basically the only SD card reader I have is my digital camera. If I buy the Adapter and put the micro sd into the regular one and then load it in my digital camera will the pictures be transferred to the micro sd card when I stick it back in my phone? The problem is my computer doesnt have an SD card slot and there's not a cable that will fit my trail camera and phone. If not what exactly do you mean by two card readers?

Sorry I'm an idiot. All you have to do is set up your phone via USB and mount your card, also you have your camera plugged in so you can drag the pictures to the card that way. I'm sorry I made that much more complicated then it needed to be

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification. I am not real tech. inclined:D. So I don't even need to get an adapter then? I was hoping the digital camera would transfer the pictures from the big card to the micro sd card if I had the micro in the adapter when it was in the digital camera to review the pictures. Ok now I am confusing myself, but I know what I'm thinking, just hard to explain on here. Either way I know more than I did about 20 minute ago so thanks.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the clarification. I am not real tech. inclined:D. So I don't even need to get an adapter then? I was hoping the digital camera would transfer the pictures from the big card to the micro sd card if I had the micro in the adapter when it was in the digital camera to review the pictures. Ok now I am confusing myself, but I know what I'm thinking, just hard to explain on here. Either way I know more than I did about 20 minute ago so thanks.

Well, sure you could copy from the camera to the microSD using a micro-to-SD adapter... but you'd have to have the images ON the camera, not on the regular SD card. Given the limited space most cameras have, you'd have to copy a couple from the card to camera, then insert the (adapted) microSD card, copy to card, then swap back and start over.

Does that make sense? :-/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones