• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Micro SD cards

Do you have an issue with amazon specifically? Are you in a part of the world that amazon dont ship too?

I get all my SD cards from amazon. Never had an issue. Purchase from “ships from and sold by amazon” guarantees 100% perfect.

Even if you dont use amazon, just make sure take place you purchase from has a good return policy. Then you get the card and use a card tester to verify it.

There’s nothing specific. Just get whatever card that fits your needs.

Upvote 0
Do you have an issue with amazon specifically? Are you in a part of the world that amazon dont ship too?

I get all my SD cards from amazon. Never had an issue. Purchase from “ships from and sold by amazon” guarantees 100% perfect.

Even if you dont use amazon, just make sure take place you purchase from has a good return policy. Then you get the card and use a card tester to verify it.

There’s nothing specific. Just get whatever card that fits your needs.

I've got nothing against Amazon. I just was curious if there was anywhere that had better pricing.

Upvote 0
Be wary of online "bargains". There are a lot of fake cards out there, i.e. low-capacity cards that have been hacked to tell your phone they have a higher capacity than they really have and then sold as high-capacity cards. If you buy one of those it will overwrite your data when it fills up its real (low) capacity, because the phone doesn't realise it's full. So avoid eBay sellers, Chinese online markets, and as @marctronixx says above make sure wherever you buy from has a good returns policy and test the card after purchase.

Upvote 0
Be wary of online "bargains". There are a lot of fake cards out there, i.e. low-capacity cards that have been hacked to tell your phone they have a higher capacity than they really have and then sold as high-capacity cards. If you buy one of those it will overwrite your data when it fills up its real (low) capacity, because the phone doesn't realise it's full. So avoid eBay sellers, Chinese online markets, and as @marctronixx says above make sure wherever you buy from has a good returns policy and test the card after purchase.

I agree, don't want any junk. I want to get a known brand and I'm working on deciding what capacity I should get. I'd love to max out at 1TB but can't afford to spend $300+ on one. whatever I get I will more than likely end up getting on Amazon but as I said I just wanted to explore all options.

SanDisk 256GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCR3316/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_bUaGDb5QXEEBX

SanDisk 400GB Extreme microSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-400G-GN6MA https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FCQRN9K/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_4TaGDb7GAZTSG

Those both look like good deals!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones