1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Micro sd issues. Please help

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by spskaya, May 14, 2011.

1. spskaya

spskaya Lurker

I just bought an epic and am pretty satisfied for the most part. My main problem is that every time I turn off my phone and then turn it on my sd card is "damaged" and I lost everything on it. I bought a spare battery because we all know that the battery life sucks. So when I am ready to change the batteries I turn off the phone, change batteries, and the turn it back on. With out fail It comes back and tells me that my sd card is damaged and I lost everything. This is annoying. What do I need to do to remedy this issue?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

Have you tried reformatting it? If not try that.

spskaya likes this.
  3. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice

I second this suggestion.

4. spskaya

spskaya Lurker

I have. Before you power down the phone should you always unmount the sd card like you would an external hard drive?

5. badankles

badankles Android Expert

no need. did you buy it new? have you tried pulling the card and reinsert? remember to push the card in for the spring action to eject it from the slot.

if still issue, then i recommend taking it back to sprint for either new card or phone.

6. spskaya

spskaya Lurker

It is a new phone and and the sd card is what came with the phone. I am aware that it is spring loaded. Just very annoying. Thank you all for your help.

7. rounsy222

rounsy222 Android Enthusiast

I agree with this also, wouldnt be the first time for either one, especially the card.

8. IAmSixNine

IAmSixNine Well-Known Member

Remember when you format the SD card makes ure you do it from the phone. Dont use a computer to format the SD card.
    I have heard that by formatting it using a computer might cause some issues. Most people recomend formatting it using the phone. I did this on my 16GB and 32GB and have had no issues. so far. LOL

Samsung Epic 4G Forum

The Samsung Epic 4G release date was September 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

September 2010
Release Date
Reviews