• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro SD or Micro SDHC Card?

MacFett thanks for the reply. As you can tell I'm new to cell phones (Know nothing about them at all) and really have lots to learn about the use of them I'm having a look around the fourm for answers but really want to get the phone up and working as fast as I can.

I have another stupid question if you don't mind? I received my phone this morning and I order a 32gb card yesterday but hasn't gotten here yet. If I boot the new phone up and activate it with the 2gb card in it at the time I receive the new 32gb card will I have to copy any files,apps or anything else from the old card to the new one?

Thanks in advance for any help you or others might be.

Upvote 0
Yes, if you even boot the phone it will copy some files onto your uSD (microSD) card, but it isn't a big deal to copy them from one card to another. Depending what apps you install you may not even really need to copy from the 2gb to the 32gb card.

If you take any pictures with your mobile, they will be saved to your uSD.

I wouldn't not use your Optimus while you're waiting. Play with it, then when the new card arrives pop it in and keep going.

Upvote 0
MacFett Thanks again you've been alot of help.

If I'm understanding you right all the apps that come with the phone or stored on the internal storage? (Correct) the only file that would be written or saved to the external storage 2gb Micro SDHC would be Photos,Video,Text,call history or downloaded apps I were to add? right.

You stated that it isn't a big deal to copy files from one card to another! Well maybe not for you but I have no idea how to began to do that! I've never had to learn about doing so untill now. :eek:

Upvote 0
If you have an SD card reader on your computer or a SD card to USB drive I can walk you through it.

There will be other things stored on your card, including apps & app data. But from the start you shouldn't need to move any to the card (unless you go berserk and download everything you can find!). All of the preloaded apps are on the internal memory of the phone, correct.

Upvote 0
Please advise. Thank you.
Micro SD cards are upto 2gb. Micro SDHC are up to 32gb. The Optimus can read Micro SDHC (which means it can also read Micro SD), so either will work. It comes with a 2gb, so you will want to start larger than that when replacing. I'd suggest nothing smaller than an 8gb.

Hi,
Thanks for the info.
Could you please tell wat these SDXC cards means.
SDHC is upto 32GB rite .So above that means SDXC?? Do they also have the class 1-10 rating.
UHC cards are even newer than these SDXC ones ? Please advise. Thank you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones