1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Micro SD Problem Galaxy S5

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by andrew1994, Sep 26, 2014.

1. andrew1994

andrew1994 Lurker

Hey guys, not sure if this is in the correct place or not but anyway;

I bought a S5 at long last, it was bought brand new from a shop so there should be no problems with it, I've currently had it for three days.

The phone is working fabulously until I installed a Micro SD card into it. The SD card is not automatically mounting, when I go into setting > storage > SD section I press mount SD card and get "Preparing SD Card" -> "Blank SD Card, unsupported file system" or something to that effect. I have tried formatting the SD card on my PC to FAT32 and NTFS and this has changed nothing, I have done a factory reset and still nothing, I'm currently factory resetting the phone and upgrading it through Kies incase its a software problem but I'm beginning to wonder if I've been sold a dud phone, the phone registers that there is an SD card present, but just doesn't format the card when I attempt to do it on the phone, when I press format it says "checking card" and then I'm greeted by the "blank SD card" problem again.

Any help would be absolutely brilliant, if you need more information don't hesitate to ask as it's driving me bonkers!

Thanks in advance

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mikedt

mikedt 你好

Could be you got a counterfeit SD, there's a lot of them around, often sold online by eBay, Amazon and Ali Express vendors.

There's a few programs you can run to test if an SD is good or not, verify their capacity and whether they can hold data reliably or not, things like HW-test and SD-speed.

Problem with fakes is that they don't work and give all sorts of problems. Where did you buy the SD?

andrew1994 likes this.
  3. andrew1994

andrew1994 Lurker

I bought the SD from PC world over the counter. But it's all good, I got it sorted, while looking at the holder for the SD card I thought to myself perhaps it's not getting a good enough connection, so I bent the actual metal holder slightly so it would be a bit tighter fitting and it's now working 100%. Formatted the card first attempt after I tightened it.

Let's hope it stays working now :D

mikedt likes this.