1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Micro SD Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by juice20, May 13, 2014.

1. juice20

juice20 Lurker

I upgraded from the s2 to the s5 with t-mobile. I saved all my pics and videos from the s2 to my computer. I recently purchase a 64GB samsung micro sdxc. When i transfer all my files to the sd card at first it shows but when i put the sd card in my phone it doesn't shows anything. Then i put the sd card in my computer and all the files aren't there anymore. What can i do so that my phone can read my micro sdxc card? Any suggestion will help. Thanks

Advertisement

2. jmatteis

jmatteis Well-Known Member

Your best bet is to put the card in the phone, format it to the phone standard and then transfer the photos via USB drag and drop etc.
    For mine, I came from iPhone and smartswitch, so put the card in my phone and backed up my iphone stuff onto it.
    Or you can back up your S2 using Kies, and then restore to your S5.

3. juice20

juice20 Lurker

Thanks i will format it now. Is there a program for android like iphone has with itunes.

4. jmatteis

jmatteis Well-Known Member

5. juice20

juice20 Lurker

After many trial and error. Samsung kies worked perfect.

6. AZgl1500

AZgl1500 Extreme Android User

I am in Hawg Heaven.

Never in my life have I ever been able to make a Kies install/connection to a phone work. My previous phone was the Galaxy 'S' Fascinate on Verizon.

I can't remember how many times I corrupted that phone and had to spend a whole day rebuilding it again and again....

I have already once, messed up this S5 and had to do a Factory Reboot/Erase and rebuild it. Lost a full weekend that would have been better spent making the wife happy.

Just now, once again, I thought "I have to try this again."

1st try, nada.... "looking for connection"
    2nd try, same O same O
    3rd try....

I brought up Kies 3.0 on the Win7 PC

Made sure the phone was awake, all apps closed

Then plugged in the USB 2.0 cable

I was gratified this last time with a Notification Bar "Connected as an Installer"

There was a long pregnant pause with nothing visible happening.... then I saw this:
    Click on image to see it full size:

Kies 3.0 screen first one I ever saw 000-000-0000.jpg

Oh Lordy, did that ever look good

I spent a lot of time getting familiar with an application I have never used before.

Wonder of Wonders, it will save everything to do an image backup/restore of this S5 or a replacement S5 if need be. Oh garsh, why did I not have this before I bolixed my phone?

this screen was so neat to see:
    Click on image to see it full size:

Kies 3.0 screen Backup Successful.png

If you don't have Kies 3.0, you need to click here and get it.

Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

7. juice20

juice20 Lurker

Photos transfer perfectly. Now i'm having another problem when i transfer my music to my phone it keeps saying "music playback error" to every song. Should i change the format of the music? Also what mp3 player do you guys use on the s5?

8. Bellywash

Bellywash Newbie

I'm using 'Double Twist' set up by the great guy and guide at the local Verizon store. Download app at the play store.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S5 release date was April 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 16MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 2800mAh battery.

April 2014
Release Date
Reviews