• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro SD Problem

juice20

Lurker
May 5, 2014
I upgraded from the s2 to the s5 with t-mobile. I saved all my pics and videos from the s2 to my computer. I recently purchase a 64GB samsung micro sdxc. When i transfer all my files to the sd card at first it shows but when i put the sd card in my phone it doesn't shows anything. Then i put the sd card in my computer and all the files aren't there anymore. What can i do so that my phone can read my micro sdxc card? Any suggestion will help. Thanks

I am in Hawg Heaven.

Never in my life have I ever been able to make a Kies install/connection to a phone work. My previous phone was the Galaxy 'S' Fascinate on Verizon.

I can't remember how many times I corrupted that phone and had to spend a whole day rebuilding it again and again....

I have already once, messed up this S5 and had to do a Factory Reboot/Erase and rebuild it. Lost a full weekend that would have been better spent making the wife happy.

Just now, once again, I thought "I have to try this again."

1st try, nada.... "looking for connection"
2nd try, same O same O
3rd try....

I brought up Kies 3.0 on the Win7 PC

Made sure the phone was awake, all apps closed

Then plugged in the USB 2.0 cable

I was gratified this last time with a Notification Bar "Connected as an Installer"

There was a long pregnant pause with nothing visible happening.... then I saw this:
Click on image to see it full size:

Kies 3.0 screen first one I ever saw 000-000-0000.jpg

Oh Lordy, did that ever look good

I spent a lot of time getting familiar with an application I have never used before.

Wonder of Wonders, it will save everything to do an image backup/restore of this S5 or a replacement S5 if need be. Oh garsh, why did I not have this before I bolixed my phone?

this screen was so neat to see:
Click on image to see it full size:

Kies 3.0 screen Backup Successful.png

If you don't have Kies 3.0, you need to click here and get it.

Kies | SUPPORT | SAMSUNG

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones