• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micro SDHC card and my Evo

t1jordan

Android Enthusiast
Oct 19, 2009
Baltimore
I have a SanDisk 16GB Micro SDHC memory card. I have been using this card for about two years now. I will admit, I do download a lot of live wallpapers and launchers from the internet. But recently I haven't downloaded anything. Maybe in about two weeks. I was using the phone as normal Saturday night. When I woke up and starting using the phone on Sunday, the phone rebooted itself. And it would force close on HTC Sense. The phone was so jacked up I could get into the settings to do a hard reset. Sprint customer service told me to hold down volume and power button to do a hard reset. The phone cuts on but doesn't fully load up. If I let the screen timeout. It will not cut back on. I have to pull the batter just to power it back up. I eventually took out my SD card and it works fine. How can the SD just go bad like that. I starting thinking maybe one of the files I downloaded was corrupted, but my phone would have probably shut down a long time ago. I plan on buying another SD card. Any suggestion on how to save my SD card. I would rather have another solution then copying it over to another SD card. I also used a Samsung Micro SD adapter to read the files on my computer. I tried to erase all the live wallpapers and launchers I have downloaded but it says I can't. Even if I connect my phone to my PC with the USB cord it does not read my SD Card. Weird! Sorry for the long story. I wanted to be as specific as possible. I am open to any suggestions or feed back.

Ok I guess nobody has anything to say. thanks a lot phandroid.

Jesus man you waited 2 hours....give us some time, most people have a life other than checking this forum every 10 minutes.

And yes, cards do go bad over time, Ive seen it happen. But im not sure why it messed up your phone, the phone should have still booted correctly but told you the card is damaged.

Reactions: t1jordan
Upvote 0
...Even if I connect my phone to my PC with the USB cord it does not read my SD Card.....

Remove the sd card from the phone. From a pc, use a card reader to access the sd card. Right click the drive, from Properties select Tools - run Error-checking. Tick both 'automtically fix...' and 'scan for ...' then Start. Windows may or may not be able to fix any errors.

Next option is to begin removing each folder from the sd card to a folder on your pc. At some point windows may not let you move a folder/file. If so, this is your corrupted file or folder with the file. Try repairing the file (you'll have to figure this one out). If it can't be repaired then format the card (after removing all of the other files off the card.

Once formatted, copy all of the files back to the sd card. Once the sd card is back in your phone you should be good to go.\

Best of luck.

Upvote 0
Remove the sd card from the phone. From a pc, use a card reader to access the sd card. Right click the drive, from Properties select Tools - run Error-checking. Tick both 'automtically fix...' and 'scan for ...' then Start. Windows may or may not be able to fix any errors.

Next option is to begin removing each folder from the sd card to a folder on your pc. At some point windows may not let you move a folder/file. If so, this is your corrupted file or folder with the file. Try repairing the file (you'll have to figure this one out). If it can't be repaired then format the card (after removing all of the other files off the card.

Once formatted, copy all of the files back to the sd card. Once the sd card is back in your phone you should be good to go.\

Best of luck.
Thank you I appreciate your help.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones