• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Micro SDHC Card Deals

TVCCS

Android Enthusiast
Jan 19, 2011
I ran across these tonight...and thought I'd share...for those looking to load up their Optimus V with music, movies, and more...and hope others will add their finds as well.

NewEgg Dane Elec 16GB Class 2 - $21.49 shipped

Newegg.com - DANE-ELEC 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card w/ SD Adapter Model DA-2IN1-16G-R

BuyDig Sandisk 16GB Class 2 - $23.99 shipped

Sandisk 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Memory Card SDSDQ016GA11M | BuyDig.com

These, and any other prices, can change at any time...and do!

I also caution buyers to be extremely careful when buying flash memory off eBay, and deal with only the most reputable sellers. There is a ton of fake flash memory on eBay that's basically worthless, and the super low price stuff is often fake.

And here's a deal from Buy.com on the 32GB Micro SDHC card from Dane Elec. I've used Dane Elec before and their stuff is okay. Buy.com has this on their Web site and on eBay for $65.23. Class 2.

Buy.com - Dane-Elec 32 GB microSD High Capacity (microSDHC)

NEW Dane-Elec 32 GB microSD High Capacity (microSDHC) - eBay (item 380307984860 end time Mar-15-11 08:22:24 PDT)

Comes with an SD card adapter (I believe)...if I wouldn't have paid more than this last night for a 32GB Sandisk Verizon card, I'd be buying this one tonight. Buy.com says Class 4, that's incorrect...Class 2. J&R has this again for $64.99 shipped. Card reviews there worth reading:

Dane-Elec 32 GB Micro SDHC Memory Card - Class 2 DA-2IN1-32G-R in Secure Digital Memory Cards at JR.com

Upvote 0
I would get class 4 especially if you are going to load and play a lot of video to avoid any lag issues. Be carefull though some class ratings don't perform to the real level so ensure you get a reputable product and from a reputable dealer.

I have a ton of video loaded on a 32GB Class 2 card with either 512kbps video or 2000kbps, and I see no difference in playback between that and my 16gb Class 10. The only difference I see in the Class 10 is the speed shortcuts are loaded when accessing the menus for the first time after the phone's being booted or coming off a USB connect, and in the speed of the transfer of large files. The onboard camcorder shoots 2000kbps video with a Class 2 OEM card, so the phone was designed with a Class 2 in mind.

Upvote 0
I'd watch out with buying Micro SD cards off of eBay, there are a lot of fakes. I didn't believe it until I got one. I got a 16GB "SanDisk" one once and the label/logo on the card rubbed off with my thumb in one swipe, and it constantly freezes when writing a lot of files to it. I have it in my GPS for software, and I had to reformat it a few times due to errors.

Not saying they all are though.

This morning Newegg has the Wintec 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC for $23.49 shipped. I have one of these and it's been fast and reliable.

Newegg.com - WINTEC FileMate 16GB Mobile Professional Class 10 microSDHC Card with SDHC Adapter

Gah, I wish I would have seen that. If you see a similar price for a similar card again, please do post!

Upvote 0
Yeah...I mentioned that at the outset about Flash on eBay...a lot of Chinese sellers of the cheapest cards have fudged controllers...there's a program out there to test for fakes I posted somewhere along the lines.

These deals come and go on flash memory...but I try and post the best of what I see, and others have been as well.

Here's a 16GB Micro SDHC Topram Class 4 with an extra card reader for $27 shipped from Buy.com

Buy.com - TOPRAM 16GB 16G microSD microSDHC Card Class 4 with SD Adapter and SDHC R1 (black) reader

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones