1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Micro SDHC isn't working properly..

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Meiji, Apr 17, 2011.

1. Meiji

Meiji Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    AS3 Developer
    Mexico City
    Hello Everyone!!

I just bought a Kingston 8gb Micro SDHC Class 4 card for my Galaxy S, I placed it into my phone and it immediately recognized it. Everything fine here, problem was when I tried to copy some music to the card (with windows), first it was doing fine, then it suddenly stopped and showed me a message that it can't copy the file. Funny is that it copied some of the mp3s and folders, but after some, it didn't want to copy anything else always showing me that message.

I tried formatting the card and tried connecting the card directly to the laptop with its adapter, but always I wanted to copy the folders and mp3s it always shows me the message that the files can't be copied.

The phone recognizes the card and tells me I got 7.41gb of free space. I just can't copy files or folders there. Anyone knows what I'm doing wrong?

Cheers!!

Advertisement

2. Meiji

Meiji Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    AS3 Developer
    Mexico City
    A bit of update..

It looks like it works if I transfer the mp3s using Kies, but doing it this way is a real pain in the ass since it copy the files directly without creating any folder, so, I must create them manually and then move the files in order to organize the music by artists/albums.. But if I try to copy them using Windows Explorer it always tells me it can't copy the files (though with some luck it'll copy some of them)..

Any advice? Or in any case, what type of Micro SD card would you recommend?

3. firefox73

firefox73 Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 24, 2010
    Did you buy the card off Ebay by chance?

I had exactly the same experience with a 32Gb card brought off Ebay. In my case, it shows that it had 32Gbs available and then when you copy more than about 2Gbs the card throws a wobbly.

Files appear corrupted and gibberish.

Kie's was the method that I found this out with as it was so slow that I was copying across files 1 at a time. This was I found the threshold level at which the card would fall over! However, even this way after a couple of weeks the card would then start to not be recognised by the phone and a reformat was required. Could put up with this if I got a month out of it but from there on, it was a slippery slope to requiring remormatting every couple of days!

Spent twice the money and brought a new card from an official retailer and never had a problem since (6months ago).

Good luck!

Meiji likes this.
  4. Meiji

Meiji Newbie
    None

Mar 26, 2011
    AS3 Developer
    Mexico City
    Interesting..

No, I didn't buy it from eBay, but certainly it wasn't from an official retainer either. I wanted to save some money though..

I'll check how it performs in the next couple of weeks. For now, I can play my music (with PowerAMP) from the card with no problems, and play video (with Act 1) without any trouble either. Transfering all the files using Kies has become a painful solution since I later have to manually organize everything in the card and it takes a lot of time.

Basically, using Kies as the only way to get access to the card is something very annoying and makes me don't want to do it often, the less the better..

I can transfer any file/folder to the internal memory using Windows Explorer without problems, and it sometimes works on the card too, but I don't understand why it suddenly stops working and sends an error message saying it can't access/copy to the card, it maybe disconnected and such..