1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips micro-usb cable with reliable pins

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by vet3shaws, Aug 20, 2011.

1. vet3shaws

vet3shaws Member
    None

Apr 12, 2011
    Hi all, I've purchased several micro-USB cables lately, trying to be powered everywhere in the house, car, and at work. What I've found is some cables have poor mechanical contact, where the cable just slips out. That's usually because the two pins that hold the cable on to the phone port have practically gone flat.

Some cables cost $2 shipped, and may indeed be better than the $20 ones locally. My favorite one so far that has lasted me a long time is a retractable $3.40 shipped one:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Retractable...aCables_JN&hash=item2c5ebcdab3#ht_1685wt_1185
    It has been proven reliable and very handy. It's nice to have in the kitchen, neatly out of the way when not needed. It has a very strong mechanical hold.

I am waiting for a similar retractable $2 shipped one to come in:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/270764928401#ht_2750wt_1185
    I'll update you all once it arrives.

Sadly, all the non-retractable non-oem ones I've purchased have been unreliable. I'm trying to charge my devices with high amps, for faster charging. But I can't find a home AC charger besides the 1 amp AC to USB ones I already had. (It charges in a little more than 2 hours or so that speed.) Fortunately, with a battery refresh and using Juice Defender, I'm able to not worry about it too much, gaining 1.7x battery life. Still it'd be nice to have reliable and fast charging at a low cost. Any experience of where to buy from considering those 3 points?

1.) Reliable
    2.) High-amps
    3.) Cost

Advertisement

2. chuck-sc

chuck-sc Newbie
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Charleston, SC
    I also purchased a $2-3 free shipping from ebay but it doesn't work on the computer, it says the usb failed to recognize, i tried with other friends phones using the same type of cable and got the same result. The good thing is that it charges in my car or with the original charger, bit i still want one that works with the computer so I can charge it while at work. Does yours work with the computer?

3. someguy43210

someguy43210 Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 20, 2011
    Bought this BlackBerry cable which is fine to me, worked on all 3 Android phones I had despite some negative reviews.

This Motorola car charger works great since its output rated at 950mA, but one of the review said you have to order from Amazon, the third party sellers (might) sell fake ones.

Lastly, this Motorola HDMI cable yield crisp video and audio to my TV, which is delightful. Though I saw that the HTC EVO phone has an option to output 720p image, I don't see that option my on mine Triumph.

*I'm not affiliated with amazon, just saying these cables works for me.