• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Micro USB issue

Justinic

Lurker
Jul 3, 2011
I just came across something I was hoping someone could clarify for me. When my phone is plugged in at home with the micro USB cable that came with the phone, I have no problems. The phone runs as it normally does. I wanted to have a charger at work, so I brought an LG micro USB cable from my old phone to plug it in. While plugged in with the cable the battery charges, I get the same popup screen that you normally get when plugging the phone into a pc, but the phone is incredibly slow and laggy.

Are there different types of microUSB cables that I was unaware of, or is it just a possibility of a bad cable? I don't want to purchase a new cable if it's going to do the same thing.

Thanks

I bought 3 "HTC" branded (I am sure they are counterfit) chargers and cables on eBay from Hong Kong. I threw them in the recycle bin. They are junk. They take forever to charge and the screen locks up when plugged in. I tried just the cable from a laptop and the plug on my good cable. Still junk.

I am going back to the store that I got my phone and PAY for a real one.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones