1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

micro usb port stopped working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gymkapp, Oct 21, 2010.

1. gymkapp

gymkapp New Member

Oct 21, 2010
    after having the phone for 4 months and everythign going well I go to plug my phone in to charge(cause the battery only last a few hrs) and nothing. I took it to t-mo and they put a new battery in and it worked,said it was the port. Anyone else have this happen,what did you do. I didn't buy the phone direct through t-mo,but it was a brand new phone. I took it to a shop that fixes phones,said it would cost at most $50 to put in a new port,but is now saying that they might have to change the motherboard because the ports they tried adding isn't working. It's been about 6 days and i'm pulling my hair out over this. I dont understand how 1 day its fine and the next it's bricked!

Advertisement

2. behold_this

behold_this Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2009
    well a dead micro usb port certainly does not = brick. the phone still works so cannot be called a brick, though i know its as useful as one without being able to charge. you could see if there is a charging pad that works with the slide then you don't need the port and it would likely cost less. also i know it sounds dumb but did you try a factory reset? there could be corrupted software that disabled the port.

FYI next time you should post things like this in the "support and troubleshooting" sub-forum at the top of the main page, as that is the best (and right) place to post topics such as this.