• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help microphone and earpiece dead

mike420

Oct 3, 2010
Well got this phone on launch and its been the best phone ever until today the microphone amd earpiece stopped working. After i figured out they stopped working after about 20minutes of playing with it i then did a factory reset and still same thing. But this time the earpiece and microphone went in and out for a few minutes thwn went dead again so i took battery out for about an hour and then put it back in and the phone now worked. Customer service notated my accoumt for a new phone that i will get tmrw.

I also had problems with the microphone cutting out on the phone in tge middle of a phone call and i would have to hang up and call back to fet it working again.

Anyone elae had similar problems

haha sry i know the way i type is horrible. but went into the corporate store today they exchanged my phone even though the one i was bringing in i had dropped and it had a couple dings on the top of the phone. The manager had to review it but said it was all good since it was some sort of defect. I wonder what caused this and if this is something thta will happen to others

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones