1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Microphone died

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Rossco_Pee, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Rossco_Pee

Rossco_Pee Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 8, 2009
    Iowa
    Well, I think it has come time to get a new phone. The microphone on my eris died this morning. I can hear people, but they can't hear me. My question: what is the best way to getting a new phone. I tried getting a free refurb from Verizon, but they said the 1 year manufacturers warranty was up. I'd hate to use my upgrade when I don't really like any of the new phones. Is ebay the best way to buy used phones, such as the original Incredible?

Advertisement

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

3. pink1e

pink1e Lurker
    None

Feb 28, 2010
    CA
    Mine died as well.. It lasted 1.5 years. I don't know why it stopped working all the sudden. It died on the same day as yours, June 3 sometime after 9am because it was still working until then. I didn't drop it or anything so it's weird. Maybe it's a bug? A silent push 'upgrade' that disabled the mic? I don't know.. I'm just guessing.

If you're looking for an used phone, you can go into a Verizon store and ask for a used or refurb. Your best bet for a better price is still ebay and craigslist.

4. ironick7

ironick7 Lurker
    None

Dec 9, 2010
    Mine just went two days ago. I have total equipment coverage with Verizon. Will they give me another phone?