1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Microphone / Google Issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by kev36663, Aug 10, 2017.

1. kev36663

kev36663 Lurker
    None

Aug 10, 2017
    Bit of an odd defect manifested late last week.

Annoyingly intermittant but most likely to occur if I'm listening to music and walking - although has manifested on public transport where there's a loud "the next stop is..." announcement

Basically, it seems the microphone is picking up the sound and stopping the music I'm listening to (or starting it!) or at worst skipping back and forth between tracks.

I've been through my settings and revoked microphone permissions from apps (including some I'm boggled why would want mic permissions) disabled S-Voice, disabled google keyboard, so forth : but still it happens and often when it stops the music, there'll be a bunch of coloured dancing dots on my screen as if it's listening awaiitng a command.

Presently I do not have another set of headphones to test with (and could be tricky as while this morning it was especially frustrating, yesterday wasn't so bad, no problems at all the other day) nor wish to fork out for a new pair if the issue can be resolved in the phone, possibly a setting somewhere I'm missing in either my phone or google account, or even a known defect that might get patched in the next update. I guess, any ideas, or anyone else had/having this problem?!

Advertisement

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.