1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Microphone problem - HTC Incredible

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NewToDroid619, Feb 24, 2011.

1. NewToDroid619

NewToDroid619 Lurker
    None

Feb 24, 2011
    Just got my Incredible and I love it. I charged it yesterday and then again last night. Tried to make a call this morning, I could hear the caller but they could not hear me. They tried to call me back from two different phones (cell and land-line) but same problem: they could not hear me. Then I made some calls again; I could hear the person, but they could not hear me. The caller said the sound was very distorted so it wasn't as if there was no sound at all. They knew I was there and talking, but the sound came across extremely distorted. Finally turned phone off and back on again ... made the call again and now it was working fine. My concern is, if this is happening to others, what is the frequency? Do I need to exchange for a new one or just stick it out with this one. I don't mind rebooting the phone every time this does happens, I just don't want it to get worse. I would like to get insurance if it happens a lot or should I just get another phone? I miss my Blackberry :( Aside from this issue though, I love this phone!

Advertisement

2. olbriar

olbriar  

Jun 19, 2010
    Male
    Land of Oz
    The problem you described is not something you should experience often... if at all. It is something you should not have to deal with. If it occurred again I believe it would be a good time to return the phone for another. Once in a great fashion you might have to do a battery pull to reboot the phone... even that should not happen often. It is a pocket pc after all and does need to be reset now and then. But you should not have to reboot often and you shouldn't have to deal with a phone you can't communicate with.