• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microphone problem

Inzera

Jun 26, 2021
I have a peculiar problem just happened with the microphone on my Android phone (a Doogee N10) running Android v.8). It is not picking up my voice. If I use a sound recording app and I speak, nothing happens. But if I then blow into the mic then the sound registers and I can hear the blowing, but not the voice, on playback of the sound file. This makes me think it's not the mic that's broken but maybe a setting that, so far, I cannot find.

Also, the voice to text (microphone icon) on other apps like keyboard, browser etc is not working either.

So, before I take the drastic and unwanted step of doing a factory reset, does anyone have any answers to this strange problem ??? Obviously, I have tried all the simple checks like cleaning mic holes etc. but makes no difference.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Last edited:
I think you are correct! I've now done a factory reset and the problem still persists. The peculiar thing is that if I talk into mic a feint level of sound can be heard when I did a test WhatsApp call. But on a sound recorder I get nothing if talking but it registers sound if I blow into the mic. Weird or what?

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
So odd the microphone works with some apps/services but not others.
This is probably a bit of a long-shot but do you keep your Doogee in a case? If yes, is it held pretty snugly in place or does it shift around a bit? Perhaps it's just a matter where that little pin-hole microphone opening is getting partially or fully obstructed when the phone shifts one way or the other.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
No, It's not in any case so that's not the problem. I am pretty sure that it is some kind of hardware problem. I have since looked up when I bought it and it seems like it is still within the warranty period so I am contacting the supplier y sure now that it is a hardware problem. to get either a repair or replacement.

Thanks to all for replying.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones