1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Microphone problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by NapsterEps, Feb 9, 2014.

1. NapsterEps

NapsterEps Lurker
    None

Sep 18, 2012
    I bought a Moto g couple of days ago and the microphone volume is always very low. During a call the other side complains that is hardly hearing me. The same story when I make a record with an app. Is there any way to boost the microphone level or to switch off the noise reduction if there is one. I am using KitKat.

P.S. How do I enter the engineer mode in Kitkat.
    P.S2 Sorry for my bad english.

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    1) No, the level is set internally. (It has to be - normal speech has to produce a specific level of signal for radios to work.)

2) Check the mic hole VERY carefully. There may be dust and/or lint in it, and they're very good sound insulators.

3) If it's not that, or if the noise-reduction level is set too high, it's a warranty exchange. These are not shop-fixable problems - the shops don't have the equipment to make the changes legally.

Oh, I guarantee that you speak English a lot better than I speak your language, so don't apologize. Your English is better than that of most American teen-agers.

3. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest
    None
  4. RodsterBG

RodsterBG Newbie
    None

Dec 5, 2013
    I have a feeling it's dust or dirt causing this problem. I can't say I've had a problem like this before, but if it continues to do this after you check it for dust or dirt, you should return it for a new one, if you're under warranty.

Motorola Moto G (1st Gen)

The first generation Moto G was the released in November of 2013. The phone was the first in Motorola's new mid-range line that targeted the sweet spot between specs and pricing. It originally built for emerging markets, but also saw success as a low-priced Android phone option in other parts of the world. The Moto G 1st Gen features Features 4.5-inch LCD display, Snapdragon 400 processor, 16GB storage, 1GB RAM. 5MP rear/1.3MP front facing cameras, and a removable 2,070 mAh battery.