• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Microphone symbol not on keyboard

Just looked for it as you described. My phone is the AT&T variant and that symbol isn't there.
On mine it's the button on the left next to the spacebar. It might not be a cog on yours as it might be set to something else, emoji, clipboard, ?, , etc. It remembers the last thing you used it for so long press it and it should be there.

Upvote 0
On mine it's the button on the left next to the spacebar. It might not be a cog on yours as it might be set to something else, emoji, clipboard, ?, , etc. It remembers the last thing you used it for so long press it and it should be there.

I reloaded the Samsung keyboard, and a long press on the smiley face did show the microphone. As far as I'm concerned That is a bad way to do things. As a result, I will continue to use the Google keyboard. At least this thread may help someone else who wants to use the Samsung keyboard.

Upvote 0
I reloaded the Samsung keyboard, and a long press on the smiley face did show the microphone. As far as I'm concerned That is a bad way to do things. As a result, I will continue to use the Google keyboard. At least this thread may help someone else who wants to use the Samsung keyboard.
Yeah it is a bad method. I've been a long time user of Swype keyboard myself :)

Upvote 0
Custom ROM it and use that keyboard, guaranteed to have a mic option unless the Dev done a bad job.. Has Swype and everything needed built-in

Attachments

• Screenshot_20171126-100700.png
    Screenshot_20171126-100700.png
    56.6 KB · Views: 274
Upvote 0
Is that really the Samsung keyboard? Cuz it looks exactly like gboard.

No. It's Tesla ROM's keyboard (Nougat 7.1.2), it's one reason I mentioned custom ROMs.. With stock OS, you end up with several keyboards with different capabilities to choose from. A custom ROM has all those capabilities in the same keyboard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones