• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Microphone turning off in some apps

Hi.
I just noticed one problem. In some apps in which you can blow in the mic in order to make some fancy effect, the mic would stop working. Two apps that I've seen doing this were steamy windows and ilighter (something like that). When you blow in the mic it just stops working. If you go to voice recorder app in this state, it will say that it cannot record. You can't even use it in voice call, the other person doesn't hear you. I had to restart my dhd to make the mic work again. However, if your mic is working and you blow in it while recording in voice record app, it won't break. So, this is clearly an error somewhere in those apps' code. Seems like htc and/or google (whoever made the stock voice recording app) know about it and how to avoid it since their voice rec. app works without problems...

Any ideas?

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones