1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support MicroSD Card will not work now... HELP

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Smiler_01, Sep 15, 2011.

1. Smiler_01

Smiler_01 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Hi guys

Quite new to this but I managed to mod my GT540 - First I rooted it, that went fine, then i managed to get fastboot on there and working and now even got 2.3 gingerbread on there.....

Now the problem is that the factory standard MicroSD card that came with it - a 2GB one doesnt work, the phone doesn't reconise that there is a card inserted and wont let me mount or unmout as it doesnt think there is one there???

Now ive inserted that card into my PC and formatted it (FAT16) - Still no joy, and it's really frustrating bec because I've managed to do all the updates to my phone but now it seems useless because i can store loads of apps to sd now with it not working.... has anyone else had this problem or know a solution...?

Please help me if you can i would really appriciate it.

Many Thanks

Smiler

Advertisement

2. Delsus

Delsus Android Enthusiast
    None

May 14, 2011
    The card needs to be formatted as FAT32 for the phone to recognise it I think, I would try reformatting as FAT32 first to see if that is the problem, also make sure the contacts on the phone and SD card are clean.

3. Smiler_01

Smiler_01 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Cheers, ive just tried that and formatted to FAT32, selected "default allocation units" put back in phone and still no joy... do you think i should go and buy a brand new 4 gb microSD card and pop that bad boy in there??? Problem is i dont really want to buy one if it's not going to work....

When you say make sure contacts are clean what do you mean? when i installed gingerbread it wiped my phone clean anyway including the contacts so i had to put them all back into the phone manually.... anyway SD card still not working, damm it went to all this trouble and cant get sd working which is crap because most apps need SD card to work anyways...

Any other ideas are very welcome...

Thanks

Smiler

4. Smiler_01

Smiler_01 Lurker
    None

Apr 30, 2011
    Ok so now, ive trying an old sd card that i had in my old phone, only a 1gb one and Bingo it works!! Not sure what the problem is with my 2gb one but im confident that i can buy a new 4gb one which should work fine.

Topic Closed.