1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root microSD limitations, performance enhancement?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elementalwindx, Aug 7, 2011.

1. elementalwindx

None

Aug 6, 2011
    What is the highest class microSD a evo 4g can handle?

Is there any performance gains to be had by buying a bigger faster microSD card?

Some software mods that let you store all apps on them to make it run faster?

Anything?

I'm on the stock mSD card right now.

Thanks guys :)

Advertisement

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!
    None

May 13, 2010
    Male
    being a flashaholic sponsor, helping others gettin
    los angeles
    i have a Patriot LX Series Class 10 16GB Micro SDHC Flash Card and it is super sweet for me. for me because i partitioned my card performance is key for most apps to work right or smoothly. unless you partition your card then no a higher class is not needed. but if you want to try some of the larger sense 3.0 roms then i would recommend that you partition your card. also you can have more apps. i have 153 apps stored on my card. with 250 mb on my internal memory.

9to5cynic likes this.
  3. evomattnc

evomattnc Android Expert
    None

Feb 10, 2011
    Mechanical Engineer for GE Nuclear
    NC
    Internal memory is always faster (well permitting you have some left if it gets too low it wont run well either) Point is if you have enough space internal is faster. If you are going to be running low, having a ton of apps, flashing a large rom, then you probably want a higher card. Class 10 micro is the highest I know that works in the evo...?

You can also boost the read ahead speed up to much higher than it usually is. There is an app for that. If you want to know where the .txt is to alter it yourself i'll have to look so let me know because I dont remember off the top of my head.

I suppose you could also use script manager to modify the filel and set it to run at boot and run as root and it will modify the file everytime (i imagine this is basically what the SD speed booster app does)

ocnbrze likes this.
Tags: