• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

MicroSD not recognised

Fred2000

Lurker
Oct 21, 2018
Hi, I've got a 128gb MicroSD in my S7 edge, but the phone isn't detecting it. When I go into my files it just says 'not inserted'. The main technicality is that both my home and work computers don't read cards as large as 128gb so I can't use them to check whether it's the card or the phone at fault. I know that S7 edge's are compatible with 128gb cards as one of my mates has one in his and it works fine. So, I need to get everything sorted from my phone. I've checked online in quite a lot of detail, but everything starts with 'plug your card into your pc...'

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Fred

P.s. obviously I'd prefer to recover the files if possible but it's not crucial

how on earth have you managed to get a home and work computer that can't read 128GB cards?
Haha yeah I know...they're both pretty basic Lenovo ones, the home ones a thinkcentre edge (S/N pb27lc7) and the work ones some form of laptop, don't know the model off the top of my head.
They're both incredibly cheap, but I didn't buy either of them so can't complain:cool:

Upvote 0
Are your computers running Windows XP? Also how is the micro SD formatted? For that phone it must be FAT32 format.
Nope, both PC's on windows 10.

I've tried finding how to format the card but I can't find how to do it on the phone, without using a pc. When it's not even recognised in the first place there aren't any SD card settings in the settings menu

Thanks for the quick replys everyone:thumbsupdroid:

Upvote 0
You can buy cheap sd card readers with usb attachments for your computers. Its the expensive way around but at least you'll have a reader for either computer. They cost about $5.00 US or use Wish if you can wait.
Will the computer read the SD 'through' a reader? I thought the computers processor or whatever wasn't able to read any storage device over a certain capacityo_O
Disclaimer: but then I am clueless:p

Upvote 0
Sorry what dyou mean by device name? It's an S7 edge, serial no r58h840rhyh

My bad I overlooked that....
But I'm still leaning toward the card being corrupt and by that being said it can't be read anymore.
Try using a different SD card and see what happens because if it works my assumption is right about the one you're having issues with.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones