• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MicroSDCard Space

1saint10

Jun 29, 2012
I anxious to flash a ics rom , mostly beacuse i'm bored with android version 2.2.1 . But sadly I dont think I have enough sd card space to backup my current data.
The last time i tried to flash a rom i bricked my phone and luckily i unbricked it with help from people from within the fourms , but not so sure i wanna take that risk again. So some help would be awsome!

I anxious to flash a ics rom , mostly beacuse i'm bored with android version 2.2.1 . But sadly I dont think I have enough sd card space to backup my current data.
The last time i tried to flash a rom i bricked my phone and luckily i unbricked it with help from people from within the fourms , but not so sure i wanna take that risk again. So some help would be awsome!

By backup my current data do you mean make a nandroid backup?

Upvote 0
I found out what i was doing wrong i didnt format my system and data before flashing but i'm glad to say i got the rom working on my phone last night . Now I have a new problem , when I try to download an app from the google play store it says "Invalid Package File" and it also force closes from time to time. Anyway to fix that ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones