1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Microsoft exchange email question - please help!!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by stargyrl, Oct 16, 2010.

1. stargyrl

stargyrl New Member

Oct 16, 2010
    HELLO!

I have a question regarding microsoft exchange email and am hoping someone can help me! My Droid Incredible is hooked up to my Exchange server. How can I delete emails off my phone without it deleting off of my computer? I have looked through the phone settings and wasn't able to find anything...Does anyone know how to fix this? PLEASE HELP!!!

Thank you!!:D:)

Advertisement

2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time...

Jul 9, 2010
    Male
    Engineer
    'neath a cactus
    Welcome to the Android Forums!

In a normal POP3 email client you simply would check a setting to not delete the emial from the server. With an Exchange client you're technically making a comparable connection to the server in the same way that MS Outlook connects to the server. As such I'm not sure there is a way to set it to allow you to delete from the client but not from the server... Unless, of course, you connect to the service using a different protocol, assuming that your particular Exchange server supports it, like POP3 or IMAP.

3. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH

Feb 19, 2010
    Male
    Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! I hope you feel free to join the conversations! :D

4. Leftyguy

Leftyguy Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Oregon Coast
    Hi & Welcome to the Android Forums - Cheers....:)

5. stargyrl

stargyrl New Member

Oct 16, 2010

Ooh okok, I have to find out more about the type of email...so if I can do POP3/IMAP, how would I set it to only delete on the phone?