• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

microsoft phones on april 12th - say it ain't so?

this just clicked in my head - and as much as i hate to say it:

what if all the tweets from vzwoffers, supposed hints from vzw reps, etc, are about the microsoft project pink phones that are going to be announced on the 12th and are coming to verizon? sure, some of the tweets mentioned the incredible specifically, but if you look, there are others that are just "stick with us, cool phones are just around the corner!" or have similar vibes.

what if we are all assuming these hints are about the incredible/n1, but in reality, theyre about microsoft's pink phones??

All I know is that with as much as VZW has cluster-f*cked this, if Apple were to walk in and say "Hey, iPhone for VZW is ready now", I think Android would be all but dead.

They've really dropped the ball here, and between promised updates that never materialize and with no explanation (Eris), piss poor performance (Eris), only 3 offerings (Droid, Eris and Devour, but Devour not until later), they really have screwed up. There was a lot of steam built up by folks wanting an iPhone but not able to switch to AT&T for various reasons, but between non-releases, old OS', poor performance, etc, a lot of that steam has been lost.

And whether you like the iPhone or not, let's face it, if it were available side by side on all carriers, most users would choose it over Android if nothing more than due to hype and brand recognition.

Doc

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones