1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support MicroUSB Cable can't mount disk

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by mvnjpy, May 4, 2010.

1. mvnjpy

mvnjpy Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2009
    I lost my original microUSB cable that came with my Samsung Galaxy, and I went and bought a new one.

But, it seems like data doesn't sleep to work with this cable? Is that possible?

The phone is charging though, but I don't see a new drive popping up in my computer like usual, and I don't see the option of mounting the SD card on my phone..

Do I need a special kind of cable??

Advertisement

2. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2009
    UK
    a good quality one and not a cheep one
    i bought an after market cable and i couldnt do fastboot and also data transfer kept bombing our mid file.
    I then used my blackberry 9700 cable (official) which works perfectly fine with it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Original-Blackberry-Micro-Cable-JAVELIN/dp/B0026P7GZY/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1272963165&sr=8-1-fkmr0

basically some cables are cheep and nasty and out samsung is very picky

3. Kouske

Kouske Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2009
    im using my moms nokia n97 micro-usb cable for all the flashing and it works fine (its longer than the galaxy one so i can pull it out of the back of my comp)

4. mcapozzi

mcapozzi Well-Known Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Computer SuperGenius aka Systems Administrator
    Liverpool, NY
    Some cables out there (like the stupid Rocketfish one I bought @ BB) will only charge the phone. Apparently they don't have all the pins/leads necessary to make a data connection.

At least the cable I bought was full size USB-B to Mini-USB and it came with a Mini to Micro adapter. So I kept the adapter which had all the pins and chucked the cable which didn't.

-Mike