• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Against my better judgement my wife, bought this cheap tablet for $50. and of course you get what you pay for, and unfortunately, she is unable to download any apps from the market. the firmware version currently is running froyo 2.2 but from what i've researched, it appears this is the wrong version to be running as this firmware was ment for phones. internet and everything else works fine, except of course it wont connect to googletalk, i'm guessing because its not a phone and I cant download any apps from the market. all downloads say failed or unsuccessful. I've added her gmail account to the tablet and still nothing.

Does any know which firmware I can use for this device in order to get the market to work. we're just using it for games and to read ebooks.

Again, many thanks in advance.

What you've got was designed for use in China, that's why there's no Google stuff on it. Is it one of these?
http://gri.en.alibaba.com/product/3...Touch_Andriod_2_3_MID_Support_FLASH_10_1.html

"GR Industrial Corporation Shenzhen Company" ... oh look "Shenzhen"..what a surprise!

FYI Froyo was designed for both phones and tablets, same OS, same apps. Honeycomb is the Android version that's specifically intended for tablets.

TBH I don't think you'll have much luck changing the firmware on this thing.

Upvote 0
Sorry Off Topic a Bit!
Does anybody know where I can get firmware for the MID M709B the URL for the only site I have has been disabled by the host due to too much traffic. I am sitting here without any thing to run this Thing! Why is it so difficult to own anything made in China anymore! Firmware should be EASY to locate and download!
PLEASE HELP!

Upvote 0
Sorry Off Topic a Bit!
Does anybody know where I can get firmware for the MID M709B the URL for the only site I have has been disabled by the host due to too much traffic.

Probably because they're too cheap to pay for proper hosting.

I am sitting here without any thing to run this Thing! Why is it so difficult to own anything made in China anymore!

:rolleyes: Tell me about it, I live here. Think you missed out an important keyword though..."cheap"....because there's plenty of nice things made here as well. Like most reputable makes of Android devices, as well as all those beautiful and expensive Apple products. :D

Firmware should be EASY to locate and download!
PLEASE HELP!

Sorry wish I could help... but unfortunately as with many things in life, you get what you pay for.

You might want to read the forum sticky about these things...
http://androidforums.com/android-lounge/631594-off-brand-phones-tablets-worth-low-cost.html
Basically there's some very good reasons why a thing like the " M709B" might only be $60, and something like a Google Nexus(Made in China) could be $200 or more.

FYI the "M709B" tablet is distributed by a few Guangdong trading companies, but no support or ROMs though. Manufacturer is unknown.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones