• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

mid range??? seriously?????

Other than it not being quad core or an hd screen how hell is this considered a mid range phone? I'm baffled!

im giving up my s3 for this phone.... i think that the only fall is camera (barely use it) screen (too big) and rooting which is the downside, but the M looks almost like stock so no need to root! better build quality by far!, smaller and still big, and i personally just like the look overall

Upvote 0
Mid range in price but definitely not in specs and build quality. It's a bargain! I love me some bargains! I'm already convinced that this will be either my new phone or my wife's new phone. I might get the S3 and get this for the wife. Or maybe I'll wait for the Razr HD. No matter this will be a part of the family sooner or later.

It's hard to find a phone with these dimensions with a screen as big as the M's. I've heard really good things about the battery life too.

Upvote 0
Pardon my stupidity on this question but what signifies a "nexus"branding? I personally have been a staunch "Droid"person. Can anyone clarify fot me?

It means a device with no OEM skin - pure, stock Android. Generally speaking anyway...

supposed to be pure stock, no oem markings, but vzw is not on board with that kind of work as they want their stuff on devices.

updates come down straight from google (GSM models do anyway)
cdma requires passage through the carrier before it is given to the device

Upvote 0
i believe the rankings is coming from Moto and VZW as a mid range device, so you may not see many updates on it.

I want to get this phone, but this is my concern as well. I want this phone to be like HTC's One S in that it's not Moto's flagship, but it's part of their premier line, so they will take care of it for at least until they release new phones next year. I don't want it to fall off the map in a few months.

I think the fact that they are promising JB (the most up-to-date Android version) before the end of 2012 is a great sign that Moto wants to keep a smaller line of phones in the market for a longer period of time. This is because that approach with the original RAZR line treated them well. Hopefully this iteration will bean even better improvement to timely updates. Again, it's a great start that they get it up to date within 3 months of release, compared to the RAZRs which took 9 months to get ICS (which was "up to date" at the time of their release).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones