1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Midnight Blue or White?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SAL8116, Oct 15, 2014.

?

Which Color are You Getting?

1. Midnight Blue

84.8%
  2. Cloud White

15.2%
  1. SAL8116

SAL8116 Android Enthusiast

Conflicted as to which one to get. Had a white Nexus 5. Currently have the black OPO.

Thinking of going the black/blue color for the Nexus 6.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Orion

Orion Android Expert

Love the midnight blue color. Definitely a change of pace from black and grey.

3. rivera02

rivera02 Android Enthusiast

Blue for sure. I love the design of this phone.

4. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood

Blue for sure.

5. SAL8116

I fixed my OP, can you fix the poll to remove black?

6. kate

kate Dreaming of Bugdroid.

Midnight blue for me as well :)

7. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

FTFY................ :)

8. mrdeucie

mrdeucie Well-Known Member

If I was getting one it would be the midnight blue one.

9. thisISjoel

thisISjoel Android Enthusiast

I think both look awesome. If I pick one up I'll likely go the blue.

10. zipred

zipred Android Expert

I'm not sure but probably white because I dislike blue. Thankfully it's Black in front and I'll likely use a Spigen case. Thin and light it's just right for a little protection.

11. SuperDave70

SuperDave70 Member

Blue please!

12. Lawrencedax

Lawrencedax Lurker

Midnight Blue will be mine!

13. SAL8116

No love for white I see.

14. RozzaC

RozzaC Android Enthusiast

I'm most likely going to throw a case on mine, so the colour won't matter much to me. But I'll probably get a blue one.

15. zipred

zipred Android Expert

As boring as it can be always buying the same color, I do miss black.

Blue is my least favorite color... so I'm going WAAAAY out of my comfort zone and selecting white.

But as you so aptly put it, with a case it won't matter that much.

The good news for me is the front appears to be black no matter which color one buys, so I'll recover from the trauma of white...Ha..Ha... :eek:

16. mcausey

mcausey Newbie

I must admit my s3 has served me very well but the n6 will be my next phone if I can get over its size. Something tells me once I use it for a week you would not be able to get it out of my hands. Blue all the way.

17. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

The HTC ONE MAX is very similar in overall dimensions to the NEXUS 6:

Google Nexus 6 vs HTC One max - Phone specs comparison

You should be able to find a SPRINT/VERIZON/BestBuy store that has a demo model for comparison before the NEXUS 6 is available.

One item of note:
    The HTC ONE MAX is 1oz+ heavier than the NEXUS 6,& believe me,it will make a difference in overall feel/etc....
    My OPPO N1 is virtually the same weight as the HTC ONE MAX & while I usually don't mind the extra heft,there are times I wish it were a bit lighter.

Trust me,once you've used a phone w/this screen size,there's virtually no looking back........................ ;)

18. mcausey

mcausey Newbie

Thanks for the tip.

19. marctronixx

I use the one max and I find it, umm, interesting that 1 ounce will break a sweat on people. No disrespect to anyone but we are talking about an ounce?

20. KOLIO

KOLIO Guest

I was waiting/expecting for this exact comment from someone.

Whether it's the actual feel-in-hand of the extra 1oz. or the effect of it otherwise (in a handbag/purse/pants pocket), a seemingly negligible 1 extra ounce may Break A Sweat,virtually or otherwise,for some.

In my experience,which is definitely out of the mainstream/norm,work requires that I carry a work phone/2-way radio & associated work-related keys.
    Add a wallet & 6oz+ phone to the equation & you're looking at any means to shed an ounce or two anywhere you can.

zipred likes this.
  21. zipred

zipred Android Expert

True it is rather interesting.

Along this same kind of thinking ie: ergonomics... while I respect buyers and their preferences, I must admit I'm particularly miffed at low egregious writers / reviewers have been towards Nexus.

When calling the Nexus 6... GIANT, MASSIVE, or other descriptive terms in the same article they also talk about the iPhone 6 + without using such terms, thereby making the iPhone sound very manageable unlike the overly huge Nexus. It's been very obvious in many articles that these people are heavily favoring and pandering to Apple.

While nothing new, in this particular product launch cycle they're really going to great lengths to dampen any enthusiasm for Android. I'm certainly not promoting one over the other, but rather I only look for fair unbiased reporting so as to not make one appear grossly inferior as these reports do.

marctronixx likes this.
  22. SiempreTuna

SiempreTuna Android Expert

They really ought to done it in stripes - they're slimming :rofl:

Nexus 6 Forum

The Nexus 6 release date was November 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.96" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3220mAh battery.

November 2014
Release Date
Reviews