• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root MidnightRom: Jellybean [MOVED]

I was looking forward to having a complete senseless daily driver on my HTC evo, downloaded your rom, wiped, installed it, etc, but my phone doesn't get signal? I tried installing it multiple times, but nothing, and its only with this rom. Had to go back to your other Midnightrom for now.

Anywho, if anyone has any ideas/tips, or if this happened to you and you figured out how to fix it, please post it here. Thanks!

Upvote 0
I was looking forward to having a complete senseless daily driver on my HTC evo, downloaded your rom, wiped, installed it, etc, but my phone doesn't get signal? I tried installing it multiple times, but nothing, and its only with this rom. Had to go back to your other Midnightrom for now.

Anywho, if anyone has any ideas/tips, or if this happened to you and you figured out how to fix it, please post it here. Thanks!

Read a few posts up - basically, try a different radio.

What is your HBOOT & Radio?

Reactions: itsnotadam
Upvote 0
Ok,
First of all, great rom. super light and the battery life with responsible use of the phone is very good. (meaning turning on airplane mode in the subway(i live in nyc), turning off sync when not needed etc...)
However, After trying this rom for a couple of days and moving up to the next update as soon as posted, i have identified a few bugs happening to me that i havent read here.

1- my gps wont connect or identify my position in google maps
2-google + wont connect to a hangout
3-when receiving or making a call the microphone will shutdown for some reason. i have to call back once or twice so ppl can hear me.
4-screen will shutdown for some reason and i have to do a battery pull to get out of this. (this havent happened to me with the 1.6 update)

If anyone has encountered any of these problems and has a fix please let us know ;)
Also btw, i did a full data wipe, cache, dalvik and formatted all partitions except sd-card.

Thanks and keep up the good work. will be posting more bugs if i find anymore.

Edit: i was using hboot 1.4. i updated to HBoot 1.50 and that took care of the bugs i mentioned above. i followed this instructions http://androidforums.com/evo-v-4g-a...thread-virgin-mobile-htc-evo-v-4g-aka-3d.html

Edit 2: now im having the capacitive button backlight staying on when the screen is off. i just shut them down completely under kernel tuner for now till a fix arises.

I'm having the same issue with the capacitive button backlight. I just turned them off in Kernel Tuner to get them to stay off when the screen is off.

Is there a fix for this yet?

I really, really like this ROM, I got S-OFF specifically for it, so I don't want to switch back to anything else.

Upvote 0
hey man i'm sorry to tell you this but i try to go to your site and its telling me that you don't have a site so i would like to get a rom but i can't so let me know when your site is working again thanks
:)

Just a heads up to everyone, I'm making my own site to post my roms and stuff. It's a pain in the butt posting to like, 4 sites, and it would just be easier for me, and everyone else, if it's all in one place ^_^

Also, I'm pretty sure I have the best url ever.

Contact Support

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones